Follow @bretondaphne

Friday, May 16, 2014

Don't put it on your toast!!!

Each year in my class we have to come up with a gift for the mamas for Mother's Day... This year we made body butter:)

I found this Pin:


But so you don't have to go look it up this is how you make it:)

You need:

1 cup coconut oil
An essential oil (add as much as you'd like to scent your butter). 
1 tsp vitamin E oil (optional)

Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat together for 6-7 minutes on high.  A Kitchen Aid mixer works best but you can use a hand held mixer too.

It should whip up and become light and frothy.  Store it in an airtight container.  It will melt when it makes contact with your skin but rub in nicely.  Not too greasy:). It may harden after time but still can be used.  If it becomes too liquidy you can put it in your fridge.

Miss Robyn's Version

For my trial batch, before making it with my class, I used 1 cup of coconut oil but for the scent I used vanilla you would bake with (a capful).  I didn't use any vitamin E.

I love it!!! Literally you could eat it...

Have fun with it;)

No comments: