Follow @bretondaphne

Monday, July 29, 2019

Geez Robyn! Push it! Don't give up!!!!

So I did my third Try A Tri in Smiths Falls on June 22, there 40th Anniversary put on by Somersault Events.  Yes I did the Try A Tri again.  I hadn't done it since 2015.  I wanted to see how I improved.  Really I wanted to come first.  I came first in my first Try A Tri, in my age group in 2014 because I was the only one in my age group!  Click here for a blow by blow of that!



Have to write your age, not the only one in my age group this time...


Breton took this pic after they walked me to the start of the swim 2Km
Best part about this race is walking across the bridge in Smiths Falls in my bathing suit.  I asked Breton & Daphne to walk with me this time.  The first part of the swim is with the current and then the last portion is against it.  I am glad I know this about this race because it certainly was a surprise the first time.  The swim was definitely my weakest event of the whole Triathlon.  I can't imagine going a longer distance...


I was prepared, with my shoes waiting at the shore so I could run to my bike.  My bike portion 21Km was the best!!!  I really enjoyed it.  Felt great about it.  The last time, in 2015, my bike portion was awful.  They were cleaning up the bike entry/exit before I even got back.  My sister heard the officials say all the cyclists had come in...yet I had not.
This time, I passed many and pushed hard to complete my cycle.



This is my finish.
I am in first place.
At this event, there are many races going on.  There are duathlons (no swim portion), Sprint Triathlons, Super Sprint Triathlons etc.  And we all finish at the same finish line...
So the lady at the end who passes me...at that point I was done, so I thought she was from one of the other races.  In my head, I thought "Go ahead good for you...you are done your race too"
I did not realise she was doing the Try A Tri too
And she passed me for first place!!!!
Sooooooo
lesson learned put on the jets at the end and do not let anyone pass you!

Very happy to have my usual crowd there cheering me on. Breton, Daphne and my sister Aimee have been at all 3 of my tris and thank you Layla for coming this year.  Seeing people you know gives you that extra boost.

No comments: