Follow @bretondaphne

Monday, May 12, 2014

WOW



So last week I talked about the Groupon to have my bedroom painted...
I called yesterday to book something and I ended up talking to the owner's brother.

He went on to tell me the owner's ex-wife and his four year old daughter had been killed in a car accident last Wednesday.

I was stunned.

He was the nicest man.  I missed his name when he mentioned it because I was trying not to cry.  He said their family was spiritual and that he believed He needed her for something else...

We probably spoke for 10 minutes and I felt awful leaving my info but he reassured me his brother would call eventually.  I told him it didn't matter.  I just was stunned.

I hung up and wonder how our conversation came to be and why we ended up talking? Yes I called about the painting Groupon but it was WAY more than that!

I try to always keep in mind that there is always someone worse off than you... This helps me get through whatever I am going through...

The owner's situation...
Is unimaginable to me...
Stunned

That conversation will forever remain a part of me.

No comments: