Follow @bretondaphne

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Things that make you go hmmmmm....


To whom it may concern


I would like to let you know that I am very grateful for Gyslain Danis and the help he gave me when I was looking to purchase and install laminate flooring.  He was very helpful and we arranged for Proinstallers to come and give an estimate for installation. I paid the $40 fee for Proinstallers to come to measure, provide a detailed list of materials needed based on these measurements. Gyslain was also informative when I expressed that I would like to save as much as I could.  Based on his recommendations I picked up all the flooring and supplies needed. 

The estimate I received was a lot higher then I had expected even with the installation special of 50% off.

In the end, we installed the flooring ourselves but imagine my surprise at how much flooring I had leftover.  13 boxes plus 100 square feet of underlay and the order called for 24 quarter round (we did it with 10). Yes it was an estimate but to mis-measure or over-estimate 13 boxes and an entire roll of underlay and 14 extra quarter round...????

I really feel that I was taken advantage and this over-estimation would not have been left for me to return if I had Proinstallers (contracted by Lowe’s) to install it. In addition, the labour costs that I was charged based on this extra material. This over estimation inflated the overall cost.

The over payment of the instillation charge also would not have been returned to me. 

This experience was very disappointing and as a company that has a good reputation, I feel should be aware of situations like this.

As a single woman, experiences like this make me think twice about doing any more business with Lowe’s and will not have me recommending Lowe’s to anyone. I believe it is important that you know who you are contracting to and that it is causing you to lose customers.

******************************





We will see where this goes....

No comments: