Follow @bretondaphne

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sickie:(

So I was off work for 2 days last week with a fever/chills viral thing, that developped into a nice "wet" cough (not yet in the chest, just lingering), anyways this is what I watched:

50/50 -this movie is a comedy about cancer?  Only slightly funny  Do not watch it

The Help - Pretty good movie.  I had read the book before it became uber popular and had forgotten a lot about it.  This movie made me laugh:)

What I read:

Still Life by Louise Penny 6/10
Every Last One by Anna Quindlen 8/10
Brain's Winter by Gary Paulsen 7/10 This is a pre-teen/teen book and is a continuation of The Hatchet.  I had not read the Hatchet but this was alright.

I need something to read before bed, during the day or in the middle of the night if I can not sleep (i wake up at least twice in the night to read...) so when I do not have a book to read it can be brutal for sleeping.

I am currently reading:

More Than Words Can Say by Robert Barclay - it is OK, kinda a romance/mystery

On deck to read next: The Ritual by Adam Nevill

Let me know of any recommendations you have.  I also read the Hunger Games (loved it) and plan to read the other 2 in the series.  Looking very forward to the movie coming out next Friday March 23rd (no I was not a fan of Twilight but am of this series of books)  Come on Lenny Kravitz is going to be in the movie...enough said!

So I still have this great sounding smokers cough and have even developped a rash on my chest from ODing on Vicks vapo rub!  Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate.  I have Fishermans Friends and Halls to suck on in boughts of extreme coughing or when I do not want to cough (like in the movie theater) but I am sick of the taste of them.  I have even gargled tea tree oil in warm water (actually helped a bit).  I also took Tylenol for mucus and it just made me feel strange.  It recommended 2 tbsp!  I have since taken 1 tbsp when I am desperate but I really do not get much relief:(

WAAAWaaa enough wining from me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try Jodie Picoult's new book and the kid's flavoured cough lollipops. You never know.
P.S. I'll get the book if you read it first and let me know.