Follow @bretondaphne

Monday, June 18, 2012

I ran

So to be healthy I run...on the treadmill.  I enjoy it.  I watch the TVs at the gym or listen to my tunes on the Ipod.  The most I have run/walk is approx 10km.  But those times it was sprint then walk.  Well this past Saturday I ran outside a whole 10km!!  Yes I am proud of myself and it was more a shuffle run but I did not walk and I did not stop.  I followed the race course for the Barrhaven Fun Run that had occurred the week before.  My tunes on the Ipod really helped.  It was a new play mix with songs I had not heard in awhile so I think that helped a lot.  I was also doing it at 5:46am.  It was the perfect temp, I saw the sun coming up, I came across 3 bunnies and there were not many others out at that time...perfect!  I was not wearing a watch but I think it took me approx 75min.  I know to all my "athlete" friends that may seem long but did I mention that I ran the whole thing?!  I even sprinted the last bit in order to pass an elderly walker that was ahead of me.  Yes I nearly did puke and/or pass out but I just sat for a bit then headed home.  I felt so good because honestly I do speed runs of about 3-4km during the week and as mentioned before never completely ran an entire 10km.  I was sore a bit later in the day but was on a high for completing it. 

Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done my running friend!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Robyn,

We're so proud of you!!!

Love,
Sheila and John

Mireille said...

As a non-runner I'm very impressed.