Follow @bretondaphne

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Summer Favs

I know Summer ends this Friday but here are a list of some of our summer favourites:

I have enjoyed reading  http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/.  Stephanie Nielson was burned over 80% of her body.  I like her decor style, her enjoyment of the simple beauties out there and she is a reminder to me that I am really really lucky.  Her blog lead me to www.thevintagepearl.com.  I would lone to put her blog as a button on my blog but I have had no luck.  If anyone knows how to do it please help me.  No, I am not becoming a Mormon.

The Ice Cream Truck - It has the best soft serve ice cream but we only saw it at the beginning of the summer and then never again.  Last summer we saw it all the time?!  I suspect someone complained about the ongoing ice cream truck music, or gas prices kept him from coming back over (he is from Quebec), or his hike in prices turned people away so it wasn't worth coming back here or there was some by-law that got rid of him.  Who knows?  If you do or you have seen it let me know.

Rina's Liquidation Station: beside the Foodland in Greely.  Kept this one a secret for quite awhile but she is pretty small so I thought the more people who go the better her biz.  She sells items from Costco that are no longer on their shelves, at an even better discount.  I don't know how she gets them but there are a few treasures you may have to search for them.

Veggie Pate - I do not eat pate of any kind  that is until I tasted veggie pate.  I do not know where to get it in Ontario but I usually pick it up when I am in Quebec.  It tastes like Stove Top stuffing. So good!

 Cake in a Mug - love chocolate cake? I was sent a recipe of how to make an individual cake in a cup.  You cook it in the microwave in a matter of minutes.  You could share it.  It is so quick and so good.  If interested email moi.
OR you could try this:
 Don't wanna make your own cake?!  I highly recommend Sweet & Sassy, 90 John St N, Arnprior.  You have to try the Birthday cupcake, even if it isn't your b-day:)
**************
The Dirty Word We Don't Use (article on the Yummy Mummy website)
by Katie Bickell
http://www.yummymummy.ca/

Pillows @ Saunders Farm - I have never been to Saunders for the Halloween season but we did go last weekend and played in the mazes and on these GIANT pillows.  they are like trampolines.  I laughed so hard while jumping...even peed a bit:()  We had sooooo much fun.

Groupon Coupons:  If you have not joined up to get daily deals from Groupon you should.  Many of the things we did this summer was because we had a Groupon deal.  I can help you sign up (then I get Groupon $$ to buy more coupons)

Well if Fall is your favourite season enjoy!

No comments: