Follow @bretondaphne

Friday, September 23, 2011

HOT YOGA...

So last night I did hot yoga with my sisters and some friends, at a new place in Stittsville.  Well I thought I had did hot yoga @ a Barrhaven yoga place but it was NOTHING like last night's class.

First just entering the studio was like a sauna (not a fan of saunas).  Literally caught my breath and had to focus on breathing.
We were told to bring a towel. Well I brought a hand towel not realizing there would be gallons of sweat dripping off of my body.  The hand towel did not cut it.  A large beach towel would have.  At one point my yoga mat became somewhat of a slip and slide while I was in downward dog!  We were told to try not and wipe the sweat off, "Let it evaporate and this will help cool the body."  I CAN NOT stand having sweat dripping, off my chin, into my ears, down my back...I have NEVER sweated so much in my life!  We were told to reach back and grab our ankle while lying on our stomach...it was so slippery.  I could not hold on because I was so sweaty!

The best part was having a laughing fit with my sisters in the middle of the class:)  It was bound to happen slipping  dripping and sliding on our mats.  Especially when we were suppose to be so quiet.

Would I do it again?  Not on a regular basis but once in awhile.  I would just bring a large towel, lots of h2o and I would have a pair of flip flops to wear when I left, because I stepped in a puddle of someone's sweat on the way out!!

No comments: