Follow @bretondaphne

Monday, June 24, 2019

why I stopped blogging

It has been almost two years that I have not blogged.


There are several reasons why I stopped:

-It is time consuming. It is like having another job.  Especially when I was doing a blog a day.

-At times I am not living in the moment.  I am thinking "what from this event will I blog about...do I have a good pic to go with it?

-people used my blog to keep in contact with me.  And I guess this is true now more than ever with social media but I resented the fact that they knew what I was up to yet I had no idea about them...and there was no reaching out to get in contact unless I was doing it

-originally I was hoping I could earn funds doing it ( YMC  YummyMummyClub  I got paid...once )but realised that the genre changes quickly and I am no computer geek/savant so it is now like a photo album/virtual scrapbook for all our memories

-Am I too open? I always claim I wear my heart on my sleeve but my life has many people in it who get pulled into my blog.  I also share stories that can be very"open" PPD  becomes more like a Dear Diary...

-Apple iPhone stopped supporting the Blogger app.  I can no longer blog via my phone, so now it takes writing my posts in my Notes then emailing them to myself and then cut and pasting them into Blogger on my Chromebook or laptop (again there maybe a faster way but I am not knowledgable...)

No comments: