Follow @bretondaphne

Thursday, July 18, 2019

La Ronde Review

Bonjour from La Ronde July 12th 2019


I hadn't been to La Ronde since I was a kid.  We had passes, the Gold Pass (they were a deal early in the spring) and that is why we went to La Ronde.  The Gold Pass included admission, free parking (normally $28 to park?!) , a free friend pass (Breton is our free friend), a water bottle! and a few other coupons.



Well I do not think they have updated La Ronde since the last time I was there :(  There were a few rides that weren't even running... but those that were... were memorable:)


This ride was my speed and although we did it twice there were others.

There was the TITAN Click here

I thought "I use to do these rides" and "I have skydived here
I screamed the whole time with my eyes closed.  
Same with the Monster. A lovely wooden roller coaster.  I left this ride with a sore neck and I nearly lost my sunglasses!  
ok maybe I shouldn't have worn the sunglasses on the ride especially when they have padding on either side of the coaster because you get ripped around so fast.


I thought I would do better on one of my childhood favourites: the swings.

But when my niece Stella suggested we do it again, I suggested that she go with her sister Molly.  And they did about five times more!

I did enjoy the splash ride, even when we got soaked!
Do you see me?
Despite being a little dated we had fun.  We were a group of 9 so we all manage to find rides to go on either together or someone in the group to go with.
Be warned the food is expensive.  Two footlong subs from SUBWAY was $40+

Breton, Daphne and I went the day before and stayed over in Montreal (see below).

Ahoy Pirate Atticus and crew!


Drop in Molly & Stella
We stayed at Hotel Le Dauphin in Longueuil.  It was very modern and when I asked if they could recommend a good Italian restaurant, (so craving a good pasta dish)they gave me a gift card for $20 to La Messina .  My craving was met but do not say you want the extra cheese, it will cost you an extra $4














No comments: