Follow @bretondaphne

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Dear Diary: Please no puberty for my children, Thanks

This fall Daphne joined Girl Guides.  On the registration form it asked if she was aware of menstration?

I checked YES, but haven’t spoken to her about it yet!

It is not because I have a hard time speaking of such topics.  Believe me, I can and have gone into detail about my own (sharing the time I managed to put two tampons in ---TMI).  But the reason I hesitate to talk to my daughter about this HUGE life event is because it will take away part of her innocence.  She is so innocent.  She is my little girl.  Although nine may be considered early for some, it can happen.  My heart would break.  She is already growing and changing and these changes pull at my heart strings.

This is a little girl who was the Tooth fairy for Halloween and still believes in Santa.

I also want to be a parent that speaks openly about all things and want my kids to come to me about anything.  Now, I think my kids think I talk too much about some things.  I would rather talk than say nothing at all.

I will let you know how it goes.


 

No comments: