Follow @bretondaphne

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cake 101?

So over the past 2 weeks we have had 2 birthday parties.  One for Dapher and one for Jeff.  So I had to make two cakes...

 
 
This is Daphne's cake:(  When I tried to take it out they both broke!  Thank goodness I had just watched an episode of 19 KIDS and Counting, where they had a cake disaster and in order to fix it they froze the cake.  I froze the unfrosted cake over night, woke up the next morning and did a crumb frosting, froze it again.  When I got home from work I did the last layer of icing...

 
And VOILA a #8 cake for Daphne!
 
 
This was Jeff's cake.  It is 2 layers of brownies (I made 4 pans in total, the first one broke coming out of the pan and another was from a double batch and I did not divide the batter evenly so one was really thin and brick like:()  Each layer had a thin coating of chocolate icing and then in between there was a whipped cream/marshmallow layer...

 
Way too sweet!!! 
(No I did not use the Hershey syrup in the last photo on the brownies?!)
Thank you to all who so kindly ate the cake.
 
CONCLUSION:  I will buy the next cakes or stick to my ice cream sandwich cake from B's birthday last year.
 
 
It may not look pretty but at least it tasted delicious!!
 
 
 

No comments: