Follow @bretondaphne

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Random Act Of Kindness

Tonight my sister Aimee called me to tell me she received a letter in the mail.  This was not just any letter, it was addressed to Aimee Smith or the current residence of her address.  Inside was a scratch lotto ticket!  That was it...and she won a free ticket after scratching it.  When she told her neighbor, her neighbor mentioned that it had to be a random act of kindness!

She said it put a smile on her face.  It cost 1$ and a stamp to mail it.  Hearing about it put a smile on my face.

I plan to pay it forward.  I have never practiced a random act of kindness beyond holding the door open for a stranger. But never such as paying for someone's order at the drive thru at Timmy's or mailing a lotto ticket anonymously to someone.

But this simple act was truly memorable. It has inspired me:)

No comments: