Follow @bretondaphne

Sunday, April 28, 2013

I am sad

I am sad because my little girl, my baby is growing up.

The other day, she was playing with her friend and they were dancing and building forts.  I walked into the room and there was a distinct body odor smell. The other girl is a year younger so I knew it was not her.

To be honest I have noticed other changes.  She is only 8 years old, nine in October.  It just makes me so sad.  She is so innocent.  I am pretty open and honest about the human body but I am not ready for this.  She is only in Grade 3...

She just learned to blow a bubble with her gum.  Although, this past week she has asked me to wake her up earlier so that she has time "to get ready" for school.  She never cared before.  She even laughed one morning "I look older than what I really am!" I got sadder.

B got deodorant for Christmas (his favourite gift) in preparation.  She and I went out and bought some and she was not embarrassed (maybe by this blog down the road?) but if I think about it, Grade 4 I was shaving my legs and had started to change too...

No comments: