Follow @bretondaphne

Saturday, January 7, 2012

What I did on my Christmas Vacation?

I had 3 turkey dinners.  I even cooked one of the turkeys (well Jeff actually did most of it).  Spent Christmas with Noelle, which I have not done in a long time because she is always travelling.  Celebrated Molly's 1st Christmas with my In laws and Noelle's In Laws. We also Skyped with Dad & Bev while at Noelle's.   Very yummy and fun.  We always had "crackers" at our Christmas dinners growing up so I continue the tradition with Jeff's family and we did at Noelle's with Dixie's new twist of making a chain with everyone and then pulling. (Had to be there!)

The kids got new skates so we finally hit the outdoor rink.  We also went sledding at Bruce Pit and other hills near us.

Saw "Chipwrecked" on New Years Eve.  A few good laughs:)
Jeff's fav part was when he took a 5 minute nap:0)

**WARNING HOCKEY MOM RANT**
I spent the first week after Christmas driving around to Breton's 3 games during the Bell Capital Cup.  5:30 wake up, driving in questionable weather, shivering cold and loving every minute of it.  I loved cheering on Breton and his Team.  They won the first game and lost the other 2 but it was F-U-N!  B also participated in the skills competition.  Jeff coached during the tournie and for the AllStar game.  In regular season the team is 12 - 0 and B has scored 12X!
I know one thing I did not do is take enough photos: here are a few:


Christmas Eve, very little snow


MVP of the 1st game




ALL STAR!

New blog I am following www.ohhappyday.com  Some great crafty ideas.  Also still following www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com  They inspire me to create a better blog.  That is something I hope to do this year:)

Read : Sing My Way Home by Jodi Piccolt (think I am done with Jodi for awhile)

Miranda's Vines by Kim Kafka

Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (also wrote Still Alice {awesome})

Watched:

A Dolphin Tale
Contagion
She's Out Of My League


This is a link to a photo album one of the dads made from the hockey team.  Many but B is #8 see if you can find him...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=angeloteresa&target=ALBUM&id=5693578449316303825&authkey=Gv1sRgCKfg6ZTb0JOuUQ&feat=email

Hope you got your New Years card!!

No comments: