Follow @bretondaphne

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Painting

All Amazon links on this blog are affiliate/referral links

My sisters and I, when we were younger, use to colour all the time.

We even had a cupboard in the kitchen full of our colouring books and crayons.  We also did lots of arts and crafts. 

Recently, in the adult world, there has been a resurgence in colouring for adults as a stress reliever... a lot of adult colouring books out there (a lot of stress out there?).

Why did I ever stop colouring? Drawing? Painting?  I have to admit that as part of my job, working with young children, I still get to create art and crafts.  

It was mentioned, that when we were younger, we never coloured to get paid, or worried about being judged...we just coloured for the pure pleasure.

So I recently got back to my childhood activities. 

No I do not have a kitchen cupboard full of colouring books and crayons but I was inspired by Sam Zuppardi's art in  Nobody's Perfect.

I am drawing and painting.
It is pleasurable.






No comments: