Follow @bretondaphne

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


On the first Mother’s Day after my Mom passed away, my sister and I were in Chapters and I bought a book about motherless daughters. I also gave Mother’s Day cards to every mom-friend I knew.  But I do not remember being sad…looking back it seems a little pathetic.
 I was asked by one of my friends if Mother’s Day was hard for me?  I actually had to think about it and I realized it is not.  It is not that I do not miss my Mom and yes Mother’s Day would be a time to think of her but I think of her every day. 
I do remember bringing breakfast in bed for my Mom that was our tradition.  Now I have children and we have a family Mother’s Day tradition with Jeff’s family.  That is my focus.  I love my kids so much and am so grateful to be a mom.  Breton is me only better and Daphne is so opposite me in some ways I wonder where did she get all her outgoingness but I love every bit of both of them.  They make my mothering look good:)
Everyone today should give their Mom a squeeze and a kiss and tell her you love her.
Love you Mom



5 comments:

Aimee Smith said...

I was just thinking about our Mother's Day traditions at 10 Larsen , Layla with some help (or interferance from the boys) made me crepes I am so very lucky as well to have such wonderful children. Like you said not a day goes by I don't miss Mom, but how lucky we were to have such a wonderful role model. Happy Mother's day the job is not easy but very much worth it!

Mireille said...

Beautiful

michelle said...

Oh Robyn, this is lovely.

Ali said...

I love the picture! Wonderful memories.
Ali

Anonymous said...

Funny thing about this photo Mom would have killed me for posting it (she does not have her "teeth" in!!) Sorry Mom:)