Follow @bretondaphne

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bad Mommy!

When we began living together, my husband stated that he would rather not answer the phone.  Why?  Because that is what he did all day at work.   Fast forward four years later and we have a son and then we had a daughter.  I am a preschool teacher.  I teach and take care of twenty plus children every day.  During the day,  I can repeat instructions over and over until everyone hears and follows me, I can zip all twenty zippers and assist the same students with their shoes and I can juggle teaching more than one student.  Teaching and caring also the “job” of a parent?  Needless to say I have to do my “job” and cannot opt out once I get home.  Years of being told how patient I was with my younger sisters motivated me to go into the teaching profession.  But to be completely honest at the end of the day, my patience reserve is almost tapped out by the end of a work day.  This makes me a bad Mom.
They are my children and I try to re-fill that reservoir of patience but more than once there have been times when the evil patient-less mother rolls her eyes, sighs deeply and even snaps.  If I knew then what I know now, I do not think I would have been a parent and caregiver to young children at the same time.

No comments: